European Study Group on Lysosomal Diseases
ESGLD promotes collaboration and exchange between European research groups in laboratory and clinical disciplines, which are interested in lysosomal storage diseases.
The Study Group was founded in 1978 as a small informal group of scientists and has grown to become an organization of over 90 laboratories from 22 European countries.
- To encourage and promote closer contact and collaboration between member groups and laboratories by dissemination of information, the exchange of materials.
- The organisation of a biennial Workshop, held in different European countries.
- Research areas which are in focus of ESLGD include:
- Biochemical, molecular, genetic and clinical research to study lysosomal storage diseases.
- Basic research in cell biology and physiological function of lysosomes.
- Research to improve diagnostic procedures, to develop new treatments and to understand clinical history of lysosomal storage diseases.
Welcome to the new ESGLD website
The ESGLD website has now moved to it's new host and the ESGLD members area is now accessible (members will have been e-mailed the log-in and user name). We have plans to make this area a useful database of all the member laboratories, highlighting the research they do, to provide links to their lab websites and contact information.
Individual member PIs will shortly receive an individual log-in so that they can edit and update information.
The next ESGLD workshop will be held in Paris, France, in 2017.
The ESGLD's 2015 Workshop took place in Pozzuoli, Italy on October 1st-4th 2015, organised by Graciana Diez-Roux and Andrea Ballabio. The workshop provided a forum for the presentation and discussion of cutting-edge science in all areas of lysosomal diseases. You can check the programme and find further information on the ESGLD 2015 website (http://esgld.tigem.it).
ESGLD 2105 website: http://esgld.tigem.it
Congress secretariat ESGLD2015@TIGEM.IT