The programme will contain scientific and strategic sessions in which the following issues will be discussed:
- Research achievements in the field of neurodegenerative diseases, in particular lysosomal storage disorders (LSDs) at clinical and basic science level and in the field of Blood Brain Barrier;
- New recent advances on natural history and pathophysiology of LSDs;
- Factors which control the entry into the brain of medicines and other therapeutic agents which may be helpful in treating central nervous system disease;
- How B4B and the European Union might collaborate to stimulate interest on research in rare diseases,
- The role of the industries in driving innovation for new therapeutic approaches for true unmet needs.